Today we’ve put together some ideas for some of the most important people in our lives – our Mum’s, Grandma’s and Mother-in-laws.
I know our world wouldn’t be so rich with my Mama and Grandma’s very real presence in it. I love to spoil them on their birthdays and Christmas.
1. Porcelain replica vintage milk bottle : milk colour – I LOVE Urban Cartel – in fact, I’m developing an obsession with their goodies – porcelain and pastel colours – totally my thing! $39 AUD available via the etsy store here
2. One of my stitched children’s artwork pieces, starting at $40 AUD – my etsy store is here …. also, I’m giving one of these away …. see below for details!
3. Fabric Greeting Card Set of 4 – Here we go Loopy Lou $20 AUD available via madeit here
4. Small light & soft Felted scarf in red with purple tones and its matching brooch by SM Boutique – this just looks so divine! $50 AUD – etsy store here
5. DIY: Make your own sweet DIY votives – a tutorial by fellow fellow here
6. Mint Peony Brooch by Delilah Devine (my Mama is getting one of these if I don’t decide to keep it first!) $22 AUD available here
GIVEAWAY: I’d love to stitch a little portrait for a special gift! I’ve taken to these small portraits set in 15cm hoops and I’d love to stitch one for one of you! If you’d like to win, please just comment below telling me what either you, or your child loves to draw most!
Today’s gift guide is all about grandfathers and dads and father-in-laws. This group is notoriously difficult to buy for and I do find them really tricky! I must admit that we often go the bottle of Chivas Regal and a polo shirt for my Dad in particular….buying handmade for this group is tricky I find. Do you find them difficult to buy for too?
Here are some ideas we’ve found:
1. Magnetic bookmark by Sparrowhawk Designs $4.95 AUD, madeit store here.
2. These Vintage Silverware garden markers by me2 are gorgeous, I know a few Grandmothers who would like these also, $20 AUD, madeit store here. (I actually think I’ll buy some for my Mr!)
3. These World Map Cushions by My Bearded Pigeon are fabulous! $129 AUD, etsy store here.
4. Ancient Column Architecture Journal/notebook by Trink Arts Studio, $10 AUD, madeit store here.
5. DIY tutorial: make an apron, tutorial here from the Purl Bee by Purl Soho. This tutorial looks great as it has pockets in it.
We will be back tomorrow with a gift guide for Grandma/Mum/Mother-in-laws, including a giveaway!
Next up in our handmade Christmas gift guide is gifts for husbands and male partners or even the lovely brotherly or uncle types.
1. Upcycled Pantone Clock by Pantock $110 AUD, etsy shop here.
2. Vintage Map Cuff Links by Brass And Chain $19.63 AUD, etsy shop here.
3. PacMan badge or magnet by Bunny and Bird Designs $4.37 AUD, etsy shop here.
4. I love this t-shirt so much, Vader’s day off, Stormtrooper t-shirt by Mini Mayhem $25 AUD, etsy shop here. It may actually be heading in the direction of a few grown boys in my life!
5. DIY make a salt dough paper weight, tutorial by Crafts by Amanda, find it here. It’s perfect for kids to make and my Mr 5 has made it for my Mr but you could easily customise it with any words.
What do you buy your husband, partner, brother, grown boy friend for Christmas? Is he difficult to buy for?
Have a great day.
Teenage girls are so fun to buy for! We’ve included a variety of ideas in this guide to cover young teens through to older teens.
1, DIY Miniature Embroidery Hoop by Dandelyne – $19 AUD. Sonia from Dandelyne is one cool and clever chica. Her stitched pieces are divine and feature heavily in my personal wardrobe and I’ve gifted a LOT of her pieces now. This little kit is a fairly new addition to Son’s etsy shop here and mean that you can create and stitch a design of your own. Ace!
2. A three pack of choose your own hair bobbles by Raspberry Rainbow – $14 AUD by my co-curator, Cat! You can see her etsy store here