Today’s gift guide is all about grandfathers and dads and father-in-laws. This group is notoriously difficult to buy for and I do find them really tricky! I must admit that we often go the bottle of Chivas Regal and a polo shirt for my Dad in particular….buying handmade for this group is tricky I find. Do you find them difficult to buy for too?
Here are some ideas we’ve found:
1. Magnetic bookmark by Sparrowhawk Designs $4.95 AUD, madeit store here.
2. These Vintage Silverware garden markers by me2 are gorgeous, I know a few Grandmothers who would like these also, $20 AUD, madeit store here. (I actually think I’ll buy some for my Mr!)
3. These World Map Cushions by My Bearded Pigeon are fabulous! $129 AUD, etsy store here.
4. Ancient Column Architecture Journal/notebook by Trink Arts Studio, $10 AUD, madeit store here.
5. DIY tutorial: make an apron, tutorial here from the Purl Bee by Purl Soho. This tutorial looks great as it has pockets in it.
We will be back tomorrow with a gift guide for Grandma/Mum/Mother-in-laws, including a giveaway!
When Cat and I set out to make our lists we, of course, couldn’t resist adding in a few things that we want for well, ourselves!
Today’s guide is meant to be for the Mama Bear/wife/female partner/sister-ly/bestie types. I seriously could have made 10 separate lists within this category but we have restrained ourselves!
Without further ado here is our guide to buying for, well, us!
1. Cloud dishes by Urban Cartel – these are so on my wishlist and the colours are just divine! $25 AUD via etsy store here
2. Fuschia zippered pouch – the poppies are hand screenprinted – I love the colour! Made by do a bit $20 AUD via her etsy store here
3. Granny Square pin badge $20 AUD and Hexagon Chain Brooch $20 AUD by Ali Pink – etsy store here
4. To Kill A Mockingbird brooch (can you tell we love a brooch??) $17.83 AUD by House of Ismay etsy store here
5. DIY tutorial – Polymer clay necklace. Both Cat and I have made these…..except when I made them I nearly set fire to our house and poisoned us all – for that story see here
) – they are really quite easy to make if you’re good at understanding that some tutorials are talking fahrenheit in their baking instructions! Cat recommends this tutorial from tuts+ here
I would LOVE to know what you have your eye on for a self gift?
ps. Don’t forget to enter our competition to win a Dandelyne gift pack!
Next up in our handmade Christmas gift guide is gifts for husbands and male partners or even the lovely brotherly or uncle types.
Our list of course has a few geeky, stylish and quirky goodies on it which would appeal to most of the grown boys in our lives!
1. Upcycled Pantone Clock by Pantock $110 AUD, etsy shop here.
2. Vintage Map Cuff Links by Brass And Chain $19.63 AUD, etsy shop here.
3. PacMan badge or magnet by Bunny and Bird Designs $4.37 AUD, etsy shop here.
4. I love this t-shirt so much, Vader’s day off, Stormtrooper t-shirt by Mini Mayhem $25 AUD, etsy shop here. It may actually be heading in the direction of a few grown boys in my life!
5. DIY make a salt dough paper weight, tutorial by Crafts by Amanda, find it here. It’s perfect for kids to make and my Mr 5 has made it for my Mr but you could easily customise it with any words.
What do you buy your husband, partner, brother, grown boy friend for Christmas? Is he difficult to buy for?
Have a great day.