Today we’ve put together some ideas for some of the most important people in our lives – our Mum’s, Grandma’s and Mother-in-laws.
I know our world wouldn’t be so rich with my Mama and Grandma’s very real presence in it. I love to spoil them on their birthdays and Christmas.
1. Porcelain replica vintage milk bottle : milk colour – I LOVE Urban Cartel – in fact, I’m developing an obsession with their goodies – porcelain and pastel colours – totally my thing! $39 AUD available via the etsy store here
2. One of my stitched children’s artwork pieces, starting at $40 AUD – my etsy store is here …. also, I’m giving one of these away …. see below for details!
3. Fabric Greeting Card Set of 4 – Here we go Loopy Lou $20 AUD available via madeit here
4. Small light & soft Felted scarf in red with purple tones and its matching brooch by SM Boutique – this just looks so divine! $50 AUD – etsy store here
5. DIY: Make your own sweet DIY votives – a tutorial by fellow fellow here
6. Mint Peony Brooch by Delilah Devine (my Mama is getting one of these if I don’t decide to keep it first!) $22 AUD available here
GIVEAWAY: I’d love to stitch a little portrait for a special gift! I’ve taken to these small portraits set in 15cm hoops and I’d love to stitch one for one of you! If you’d like to win, please just comment below telling me what either you, or your child loves to draw most!
Next up in our handmade Christmas gift guide is gifts for husbands and male partners or even the lovely brotherly or uncle types.
1. Upcycled Pantone Clock by Pantock $110 AUD, etsy shop here.
2. Vintage Map Cuff Links by Brass And Chain $19.63 AUD, etsy shop here.
3. PacMan badge or magnet by Bunny and Bird Designs $4.37 AUD, etsy shop here.
4. I love this t-shirt so much, Vader’s day off, Stormtrooper t-shirt by Mini Mayhem $25 AUD, etsy shop here. It may actually be heading in the direction of a few grown boys in my life!
5. DIY make a salt dough paper weight, tutorial by Crafts by Amanda, find it here. It’s perfect for kids to make and my Mr 5 has made it for my Mr but you could easily customise it with any words.
What do you buy your husband, partner, brother, grown boy friend for Christmas? Is he difficult to buy for?
Have a great day.
Teenage girls are so fun to buy for! We’ve included a variety of ideas in this guide to cover young teens through to older teens.
1, DIY Miniature Embroidery Hoop by Dandelyne – $19 AUD. Sonia from Dandelyne is one cool and clever chica. Her stitched pieces are divine and feature heavily in my personal wardrobe and I’ve gifted a LOT of her pieces now. This little kit is a fairly new addition to Son’s etsy shop here and mean that you can create and stitch a design of your own. Ace!
2. A three pack of choose your own hair bobbles by Raspberry Rainbow – $14 AUD by my co-curator, Cat! You can see her etsy store here
Day 3 in the series compiled with Cat, it’s all about girls. The other Cat is the lovely mumma of two girly whirlies (as I call them) and we were both little girls once upon a time too!
As an aunt to a few nieces I’ve always relished buying beautiful toys that spark imaginative play and our gift guide features some gorgeous handmade items, including one of Cat’s!
1. Handmade Dolls, cats, koalas and more by A Little Vintage, various prices. I personally want one of each. Cat and her girls own a koala named Mildred. Etsy shop here.
2. Wooden Toadstool house puzzle by Raw Toys $37 AUD. I have a weak spot for wooden toys and these make great unisex gifts too! Madeit shop here.
3. Dress up Rainbow bird wings by Sparrow and B Costumery $66.95 US. My girls would love these, we adore anything rainbow in our house. Etsy shop here.
4. Australian biscuits and cakes felt food set by Wombat’s Picnic $30 AUD, madeit shop here. My Mr 2 would absolutely love these too!!!
5. Crochet Rainbow bracelet by The Black Sheep Crafts $8 AUD, madeit shop here. Just quietly, I would like one of these myself! And one might be making it’s way to a niece in my life’s Christmas gift bag!
6. DIY Tutorial: Make your own hair ties, this tutorial could not be easier. I am going to have to give this a go for myself!
We would love to know what else you buy for the little girls in your life?
My little boys are creative players, puzzle do-ers, collectors and avid readers and our list reflects the kinds of things they love doing.