We thought we would add this category in at the very end to give you some ideas of some handmade and DIY options that are simple, cost effective and meet a variety of personality types. Here are some ideas to cover teachers, kris kringle work colleague gifts, kindy and school friends.
1. Notebooks – surely everyone loves a notebook? These are a great gender neutral option made by Trink Arts – $13 AUD available here and another option here from Quimmz – $6.95 AUD available here
2. Zippered Pouches from Raspberry Rainbow – $13.96 AUD – Cat says she gifts these with the teacher’s name embroidered on the inside – available via her etsy store here
3. Customisable Teacher print from My Sweet Prints $28 AUD – store here
4. Pens from Chibi Run – though not strictly handmade, Germaine from Chibi Run has an enormous variety of excellent stationery options in her store here $9.95 AUD – store here
5. Wire angel covered in Liberty of London fabric $10.00 AUD from Jane Planet Joy – this is one very clever lady who I know some of you will already be familiar with via her lovely presence on Instagram. Jane uses divine Liberty of London fabric to cover wire and wooden designs and they make really fabulous gifts…I know because I’ve gifted several of them! This one is available here
6. Canberra Creatives Creative Case. This is a monthly craft-in-a-box Project Kit delivered to your door. The gift can be a monthly one, three monthly, six monthly or for the full twelve months. Prices start at $24 AUD – for full details visit the Canberra Creatives website here
7. Reindeer food DIY – these are a great option for the kindy/school friend. There are loads of tutorials around and yes, we’ve all seen it on Pinterest but I like this one by Milk Please Mum here who had her little one write her name on the tags. We made these last year and my Mr 5 loved putting them together.
8. My salted caramel popcorn in a jar DIY! Add the popcorn, sugar, salt, baking soda and some instructions. Easy peasy! See the instructions here
9. Cloud brooch by Each to Own $20 AUD available here
10. Bookmarks – I think these are a great gift as I don’t know about you but I am constantly losing my bookmarks. These are made by Zippy Zippy – $10 AUD and are available here
11. Polyhedra Note Cards (set of 10) $28 AUD – as a teacher myself I love receiving these types of gifts as they are ones I can gift on and save me some money or making time! These are designed by the very awesome Messagemark and can be found here
12. DIY polymer clay pinch pot…. I am at risk of being obsessed with polymer clay projects but this is a great, simple project to try via Spoonful here
GIVEAWAY: My gorgeous co-author woud love to make one of our lovely blog readers a travel zippered pouch in their choice of fabric. Leave a comment here or on Cat’s blog. One person will be chosen at random on Saturday 30 November in the evening (HK time) and she is happy to post anywhere in the world.
Also, see yesterday’s post for my giveaway!
Thank you all so much for your lovely feedback on Facebook and Instagram in particular about our series, we’ve really enjoyed sharing our finds and love of the homemade and handmade with you.
Cat and Cat.